1. Don’t overprice your home. It will cost YOU money! I will give you a free market analysis. Use its suggestions and you will actually net more!
2. Don’t be surprised if the first offer on your property is the best offer you receive.
3. Don’t let your property sit on the market too long before making a significant change in price (or it will get stale). I will provide monthly pricing updates based upon competition selling in the neighborhood.
4. Don’t think all real estate agents and companies are created equal. They are not. Find an agent/company that will understand your needs and concerns.
5. Don’t list with a real estate agent just because they charge the least or the most. Look for the best VALUE.
6. Don’t look just at the price the buyer offers. Analyze the total package including buyer qualifications, contingencies, closing dates, extra costs.
7. Don’t forget buyers will shop around looking for the best buy. You are in competition with other sellers for your buyer’s attention.
8. Don’t forget that if real estate agents don’t see your property as a good value, they will take their buyers elsewhere.
9. Don’t believe those who tell you newspaper ads sell homes. You need a comprehensive marketing plan tailored to your property and your needs.
10. Don’t make it difficult for agents and buyers to see your home. Buyers want to look at their convenience. I can have your life and showings co-exist!
11. Don’t overlook the value of merchandising your home. Make it look its very best.
12. Don’t forget that you control the pricing of your home, how it looks, and the overall marketing plan, but it is the buyers who control value. If buyers won’t pay your price, the house remains yours. Turning down offers will happen, but when you do, you are really buying your home for that amount.